When a financial hardship puts you at risk of default, it may be hard to determine the best course of action. Time is of an essence, Newport Law understands that when it comes to homeowners, there is no one size fits all solution it is a client to client basis. Our attorneys work with precision to put you back in control of your family’s financial security.
Once we review the particular situation, we’re prepared to guide you through a foreclosure defense, bankruptcy, litigation, or possibly a combination of the two workout options.
A foreclosure defense can:
- Modify the terms of your loan
- Free you from a poor investment
- Shield you from future liabilities
- Save untold hours of paperwork
- Stop the harassment of collectors
- Protect your credit rating
While a bankruptcy can:
- End creditors’ reports of delinquency
- Preserve assets, including your home
- Clear away outstanding debt
- Stall a foreclosure sale
- Strip away additional mortgages
- Help rebuild credit
In some cases, a bankruptcy can be used to aid in a foreclosure defense. If you’re determined to stay in your home, both strategies may help you avoid a foreclosure and formulate a long-term financial plan. Newport Law can help you determine the best strategy, negotiate with your lenders, document your financial plan, and take legal action to lift any burden.